apart of shared memory size (still to be considered), I made the other
Based on last days of testing at SIPit31 and reviewing my configs, few
other values look a bit small considering what we can get on the wire:
- tcp_rd_buf_size - it is 4096b, but with audio/video and ice, the size
is to small. I propose either 8k or even 16k
- pv_buffer_size - it is 1024b, given the above and that this is used
for variables, many don't fit. The same as above, I propose 8k or 16k
Opinions, other internals that we should consider for adjusting default
On 16/04/14 12:41, Juha Heinanen wrote:
Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
- default private memory is 4MB - if the config
is not that small, it
might not be sufficient free pkg to play with (e.g., for sql_query()
result, storage of $var(...) values). Should it be increased to 8MB or
other value? Debian/Centos have startup script that sets its value to 8
via command line
i agree on increasing this to 8 MB. my sip-proxy does not start
4. it starts with 8 on i386, but not on amd64 arch.
- default shared memory is 32MB - for a decent
deployment with tm,
location, lcr/dispatcher, permissions, and anti-flood, it might leave
not much free space. Should we double it or set to a different value
my proxy is
happy with 32 here.
- usrloc - db_ops_ruid should enabled (1) - seems
stable, without it
there are problems updating/deleting location records when UA changes
the call-id for same contact address.
- usrloc - hash_size - now is 9, which results in
512 slots, meaning is
ok for few thousands of registered users, for more, performance will
decrease when doing save/lookup location -- should it be made 10 (1024
slots for internal hash table)?
i'm fine with that change.
- auth_db - load_credentials defaults to
'rpid', meaning that the query
to get the password will retrieve also the rpid column. I haven't see
rpid being used that much lately (replaced by PAI/PPI). I would make
this parameter empty by default to avoid querying for an extra column
that is likely to be empty.
i agree, since i have modparam("auth_db",
"load_credentials", "") in my