[Serusers] Fwd: SIP Express Bundle ready-to-go idea, BUILD FROM CVS on RH -STATUS

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Mar 10 23:11:31 CET 2008

sorry for latency, heavy travelling this and next week :-(

At 00:33 04/03/2008, Mike Trest - Personal wrote:
>At 06:04 PM 3/3/2008, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
>>So what was the issues that were out-of-order .... was it modules
>>that have not been migrated to the new DB-API yet, or even more?
>
>Both of the above.  The out of order was my cause and easily resolved.
>The "not been migrated" .  lcr was the important one.  I just skipped it
>for now and did something simple in the ser.cfg to simulate lcr.
>
>>Would you be willing/interested in looking at the OOB and Ai1 deb packages
>>and testing those and/or porting those to RH? I think they now greatly
>>help to define a self-contained system, but they haven't really been
>>tested or fine-tuned.
>
>I can do this.
>
>For practice, I have taken several CVS snapshots for ser /
>ser_ctl  and have built them
>on RH (CentOS/5, FC6, FC7).  FC8 is next on my list.  On the earlier
>FC6 I had some
>yum updates for tshark and tools.   FC7 all seems ok.  Expect FC8 to
>also be OK.
>I have not yet ventured into SERWEB or SEMS trying to stay focused on
>learning the
>basics.  I look forward to those two as well.

ok -- ai1 debian package shall be release shortly, PAvel (cc) can provide
some ETA. Bascially ai1 (all-in-one) builds on top of oob (out-of-the-box
proxy) and adds all of the other compoentns for a setup on a single box:
mysql, webmin, ser_ctl, sems to be shortly added too (this was the showstopper until
Raphael introduced its own SIP stack to it now).

>For further practice, I have written and am testing a new module for
>something that
>interested me.  Runs well.  I may have a question for you regarding AVP and my
>new module.  Or shall I just toss the question to the serdev list?

Just toss it to serdev :-)
(Actually haven't you done so -- I think Miklos wanted to send some reference to
an AVP-related example.)

>Therefore, I feel comfortable enough to port from DEB to RH/FCx.

That would be terrific indeed.

>Do you have a CVS/svn repository for all the pieces?

As said, the ai1 debian definition will appear on CVS shortly.
Don't hesitate to post question. SER is infamously underdocumented
and I would be happy to compensate for it by email :-)

-jiri