[Kamailio-Users] Dispatcher

CSB kjcsb at xnet.co.nz
Wed May 27 11:37:22 CEST 2009

I wish to implement a kind of a failover situation, probably using the
dispatcher module. We want to monitor our gateways by performing a range of
tests (not just a ping or INFO but also waiting for a specific response to
an INVITE). If the test fails then we want to mark a gateway as unavailable
until the tests are successful again.

Based on a bit of reading I think we could use the dispatcher module in
database mode. We could run a script that performs the tests and marks the
destination as inactive if the test fails. If that would work, can anyone
advise how we mark a destination as inactive? It looks like the MI function
ds_set_state does this but can I update the database directly? If so what
field do I need to update?

Thanks

Cameron