[Kamailio-Users] tcp_blocking_connect related errors and Kamailio using 100% CPU

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri May 29 11:54:29 CEST 2009

2009/5/29 Pascal Maugeri <pascal.maugeri at gmail.com>:

> May 27 14:20:11 server2-operations /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[26227]:
> WARNING:core:send2child: no free tcp receiver, connection passed to the
> leastbusy one (1)

Yes, this is the warning I told about in other mail.

> - in top kamailio process have high values in the %CPU column such as 50% or
> 99% !?

The same occurs (kamailio takes 50-99% CPU) in case there is a problem
with MySQL and Kamailio cannot write into it.
It seems that when kamailio process must wait for something (TCP
connection, MysQL access) it consumes CPU resources (waiting).

> - when all kamailio processes have reached this top values, it is impossible
> to connect a new client untill we reset kamailio :-/

Makes sense since no TCP listener is available :(

> I will try the parameter
>
> modparam("registrar", "tcp_persistent_flag", 7)

It will not solve the issue. The only it does it setting the TCP
connection duration for the registration expires time. It has nothing
to do with failed TCP connections.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>