[Kamailio-Users] Dispatcher

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 27 16:52:19 CEST 2009

On Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2009, CSB wrote:
> I wish to implement a kind of a failover situation, probably using the
> dispatcher module. We want to monitor our gateways by performing a range of
> tests (not just a ping or INFO but also waiting for a specific response to
> an INVITE). If the test fails then we want to mark a gateway as unavailable
> until the tests are successful again.
>
> Based on a bit of reading I think we could use the dispatcher module in
> database mode. We could run a script that performs the tests and marks the
> destination as inactive if the test fails. If that would work, can anyone
> advise how we mark a destination as inactive? It looks like the MI function
> ds_set_state does this but can I update the database directly? If so what
> field do I need to update?

Hi Cameron,

don't know all the details about the dispatcher module, but it seems in the
database scheme there is no field to indicate the activity of a destination:
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/db-tables/kamailio-db-1.5.x.html#AEN1716

But if you edit the database anyway, then you could probably just remove this
destination completely and reload the cache.

Cheers,
Henning