[Kamailio-Users] two UACs behind same NAT

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 13 11:28:53 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 05/12/2009 01:14 PM, Dubravko Caric wrote:
> [...]
>> workarounds could be:
>> - run sip server also on a different port than 5060 (say 5070) -
>> kamailio is just fine doing it. Point the users behind such ALGs to this
>> port. Still alg can detect it, but most of them do the detection by port
>> 5060
>> - use TCP if the phone supports it - most of algs do not touch TCP
>> connections, but ...
>> - use TLS if the phone supports it - safest - the alg cannot touch it
>>

> yes, we are planning to use TLS and I hope we won't have that kind of problems then
>

>> - recommended - send back the router and ask for money return
>>

> well, I could do that but the problem is not just with this router. I saw a list of this kind of routers (small home routers) that are not recommended to use with SIP, and I think that TLS is only universal solution.

Go first with adding another port to listen to for kamailio and
configure the phone to use it. It is the easiest to do and might be
sufficient.

If you plan using tcp/tls and are going to do the testing, I strongly
recommend using the devel version (kamailio 3.0 based on sip-router.org
- some guidelines will follow these days) - you get asynchronous tcp, an
improved and better tested tcp/tls stack.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/