[Kamailio-Users] two UACs behind same NAT

Dubravko Caric dubravko_caric at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 12:14:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

----- Original Message ----
From: Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>
To: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>
Cc: users at lists.kamailio.org
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 10:04:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Kamailio-Users] two UACs behind same NAT

>> Bad luck then... :(
>> SIP ALG is the worst enemy for SIP.
>>

> workarounds could be:
> - run sip server also on a different port than 5060 (say 5070) -
> kamailio is just fine doing it. Point the users behind such ALGs to this
> port. Still alg can detect it, but most of them do the detection by port
> 5060
> - use TCP if the phone supports it - most of algs do not touch TCP
> connections, but ...
> - use TLS if the phone supports it - safest - the alg cannot touch it

yes, we are planning to use TLS and I hope we won't have that kind of problems then

> - recommended - send back the router and ask for money return

well, I could do that but the problem is not just with this router. I saw a list of this kind of routers (small home routers) that are not recommended to use with SIP, and I think that TLS is only universal solution.

Best regards

Dubravko