[Kamailio-Users] LCR gateway failthrough..

Nick Warr nick at mobilia.it
Mon Apr 27 16:29:57 CEST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo ha scritto:
> 2009/4/27 Nick Warr <nick at mobilia.it>:
>
>> When I call next_gw() will LCR use all possible gateway groups, or just
>> the gateway(s) in the first matching group?
>>

> Just the gateway(s) in the first matching group. If not, it doesn't make sense.

So, to send it to the second group, I'd need to actually have a matching
entry pointing to it with a lower priority, correct?

>> The second question is tangential to the first, if it does send the
>> traffic to other gateway group after failing through the first, does it
>> regenerate the RURI, because the local provider wants a numerical prefix
>> on the calls I send, and the other one no (basically do I need to
>> account for this in my config?)
>>

> No, LCR will not add a prefix, you must do it.

What's the prefix in the gateway table there for then?
> When ou cal "load_gw(ARG)", just the gateway goups matching the
> *current* RURI prefix and the PV used as ARG will be selected. Later,
> if the first result fails, "next_gw()" will take out the second
> result.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, the prefix in the LCR module is for _matching_
the prefix of a RURI, correct?
The prefix in the gw Table should be added to the beginning of the RURI
before it is forwarded to the GW, but as you said, the added prefix is
discarded every time, then re added depending on the selected gateway
from the gw table, I if understand...