[Kamailio-Users] LCR gateway failthrough..

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Apr 27 16:43:46 CEST 2009

2009/4/27 Nick Warr <nick at mobilia.it>:
> No, LCR will not add a prefix, you must do it.
>

> What's the prefix in the gateway table there for then?

For matching the RURI.

> When ou cal "load_gw(ARG)", just the gateway goups matching the
> *current* RURI prefix and the PV used as ARG will be selected. Later,
> if the first result fails, "next_gw()" will take out the second
> result.
>

> Sorry if I wasn't clear, the prefix in the LCR module is for _matching_ the
> prefix of a RURI, correct?

Yes:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/lcr.html
----------
For the purpose of facilitating least cost routing of requests, each
gateway belongs to a gateway group and each gateway group is
associated with one or more <prefix, from pattern, priority> tuples. A
gateway matches a request if user part of Request URI matches a prefix
and caller's URI matches a from pattern in a tuple that belongs to the
group of the gateway.

> The prefix in the gw Table should be added to the beginning of the RURI
> before it is forwarded to the GW, but as you said, the added prefix is
> discarded every time,

What you mean with "the added prefix"? who adds that prefix?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>