[Users] Re: [Business] Re: [Devel] OpenSER v1.2.0 released

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Fri Mar 30 12:51:40 CEST 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 01:00, Cesc wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Just throwing wild ideas ... but if we moved to autotools (we need to
 > look for a guru ... I agree, more than autotools is auto-chaos) we
 > could easily cross-compile ...
 > And that said, it just comes to mind the chance of cross-compiling
 > with mingw and have a windows openser, just for the non-linux user and
 > expand our borders. It may be a cut down version to start with, but
 > wouldn't it be great?

No.  Posix based software was in general never intended to run on
Windows.  More often than not the additional effort isn't worth it and
another thing to pull away from core development.  This is not even to
mention the packaging effort which goes with it as the MS crowd expects
binaries.  Finding a developer which will solely handle the entire task
is difficult and once you open the box someone is stuck with it from
there on.  Feel free to ignore this as it's just my observation from
what I have seen in quite a few projects which this was requested and
attempted.

Cheers,

Christopher