[Users] Re: [Business] Re: [Devel] OpenSER v1.2.0 released

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 11:30:34 CEST 2007

On 3/30/07, Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Friday 30 March 2007 01:00, Cesc wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just throwing wild ideas ... but if we moved to autotools (we need to
> > look for a guru ... I agree, more than autotools is auto-chaos) we
> > could easily cross-compile ...
> > And that said, it just comes to mind the chance of cross-compiling
> > with mingw and have a windows openser, just for the non-linux user and
> > expand our borders. It may be a cut down version to start with, but
> > wouldn't it be great?
>
> Hi Cesc,
>
> i don't think that it would be so easy to port openser to windows, there are
> many Unix/ Linux specific thinks specified deep in the code.
>
> More easy cross-compiling could be nice. But then we should use cmake instead
> of autotools, like the KDE project, because this is usable even for non-gurus
> like me. :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Henning

Hi,

Well, never used cmake myself, so can't tell. Autotools is complicated
if starting from scratch, but if using existing configs from some
other project, the jumpstart is very big.

As for the port ... i would expect some difficulties in some parts,
like locking, loging and memory mgmnt ... also some database access
libraries ... but maybe a simple, very cut-down version, with basic
functionality, could be realized ...

Just brainstorming ...

Cesc