[Users] uri module question

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Feb 23 18:47:32 CET 2007

Hi Klaus,

uri_db module is intended to allow a user to use a different username
for credentials than for SIP.

For example, when you do authentication, you actually check if the
username from credentials presented the correct password (so the
subscriber table is actually a credentials table).

now, after auth, you usually check if the auth username is the same as
the SIP username (check_to/from) - 1:1 mapping-, but via uri table to
can create a m:n mapping (what auth usernames a SIP username can use)

the module was thought to be used in cases where the realm (auth) equals
the SIP domain (from).

Ex:   From:  nickname at mydomain
        Cred:   klaus at mydomain

regards,