[Users] Questions

Mon Nov 28 11:35:06 CET 2005

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> I would REALLY appreciate if someone could answer the following
> questions for me.
>
> 1. What is the definition of a 'negative' result in relation to
> t_reply()? I am seeing situations where t_relay() seems to think that
> 407 Proxy Auth is a negative result, because a previously set
> t_on_failure is executing when it connects to the gateway
> sucessfully.

AFAIK every response with response value >= 300 will trigger the failure
route.

> 2. Under what circumstances does t_reply() return 0, and under what
> circumstaces does it return -1? Seems like it always returns 0, no
> matter what happens.

no glue. check the source code.

T hink I do not get your setup right. What do you want to achieve? If
you use t_reply, you should not setup a failure route.

> 3. When t_relay() fails to connect to a gateway, if t_on_failure(N)
> had previously been set, where does execution jump to
> t_on_failure(N)? It isn't right after t_relay() returns, and it isn't
> _within_ t_relay, so where is it? Is it at some arbitrary point? Is
> it after the current route() block ends?

The current route block will be executed until the end of the route
block or exit/return. (As without using t_on_failure)

Then, typically some seconds later, when the failure happens, the
transaction enters the failure route.

klaus