[SR-Users] Split audio and video into different calls

Rüdiger, Christoph christoph.ruediger at tkelevator.com
Wed May 18 13:58:31 CEST 2022

Hi Carsten,

not quite. I’m looking for a maintainable way of splitting an incoming video into a pure audio call to station 1 (deskphone) and a pure video call or mixed audio/video call to station 2 (softphone). Both stations belong to the same agent though.

Background is that the agents all prefer the hardphones very much over the softphones and hence all have their headsets connected to the hardphone. In the rare case a video call comes in, they should ideally be able to keep using their hardphones for the audio instead of fiddling with their headsets trying to switch over from hardphone to PC while a call is ringing.
Of course, the video stream must terminate on the softphones. The hardphones don’t have video capabilities.

If this is not possible (or maintainable), we must migrate the whole call center to softphones. So, it is kind of a convenience feature and I’m evaluating at which cost it comes.

Regards,
Christoph