[SR-Users] How to not write logs to journald with kamailio

Ginhoux, Patrick patrick.ginhoux at fr.unisys.com
Tue Nov 23 12:16:27 CET 2021

Hi,

I resend this mail because of the initial destination address was not
correct.

The topic was a logging problem :

With the upgrade of my SIP Router proxies to RHEL 7  (and Kamailio 5.0.7) ,
we encounter problems where the logs are blocked to be written in the
syslog.

This problem is similar as the one reported in this article : [SR-Users]
Kamailio logs in RHEL 7 environment
<https://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/sr-users/2018-April/101065.html> .

The resolution was to increase some journald/rsyslog settings
(RateLimitBurst=1000000 / $imjournalRatelimitInterval 1
$imjournalRatelimitBurst 500000).

But it is somehow a workaround.

I’m looking to know if it should be possible for kamailio to write directly
the logs to the syslog only.

Thanks in advance to those can help me.

Regards

Patrick Ginhoux