[SR-Users] How to not write logs to journald with kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 17:49:38 CET 2021

Hello,

kamailio uses internally openlog() and syslog() functions from standard
libc. It has not control of what the syslog daemon does, it is a matter
of OS configuration, so what you mention might be the required
configuration, not a workaround. Anyhow, maybe others can comment more.

There are many other cases when the OS has to be tuned to get desired
behaviour, eg., increase file descriptor limits to handle lots of
connections.

On 23.11.21 12:16, Ginhoux, Patrick wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I resend this mail because of the initial destination address was not
> correct.
>

> The topic was a logging problem :
>

> With the upgrade of my SIP Router proxies to RHEL 7  (and Kamailio
> 5.0.7) , we encounter problems where the logs are blocked to be
> written in the syslog.
>

> This problem is similar as the one reported in this article :
> [SR-Users] Kamailio logs in RHEL 7 environment
> <https://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/sr-users/2018-April/101065.html>.
>
> The resolution was to increase some journald/rsyslog settings
> (RateLimitBurst=1000000 / $imjournalRatelimitInterval 1
> $imjournalRatelimitBurst 500000).
>
> But it is somehow a workaround.
>
> I’m looking to know if it should be possible for kamailio to write
> directly the logs to the syslog only.
>
> Thanks in advance to those can help me.
>
> Regards
>
> Patrick Ginhoux