[SR-Users] Can Kamailio help with this?

Henning Westerholt hw at skalatan.de
Fri May 21 16:53:40 CEST 2021

Hello Anthony,

as written before, Kamailio is from its design and setup targeted to many different use cases. For certain use cases you find examples or tutorials in our wiki. But if the example fits to your case, is mostly a matter of luck and how common it is.

The module documentation is indeed more in "reference" style, useful for somebody who knows how to combine the building blocks, but for a newcomer admittedly less useful.

There exists a Kamailio book (refer to asipto.com) which might be useful for your situation. Here you will get a more broader picture about the different modules and how they can fit together.

Another approach which some people are using is to start with the default configuration (which has a lot of comments) and experiment with e.g., a small server and 1-2 phones. For more advanced topics there exists many talks from past Kamailio World conferences.

Cheers,

Henning