[SR-Users] Dialog using Recod Route, with an asterisk

Nicki Otte Duckay at live.com
Fri Mar 12 10:30:07 CET 2021

Hi everyone

I have a question regarding the dialog module.

It uses the RecordRoute header, which seems all fine.

The situation:
I have a setup, where the Kamailio proxy, which is running with the dialog module, is talking to an Asterisk.
Now the logic in the Asterisk, is to place a new call, and return in to the Kamailio proxy, which sends it to the PSTN.

By the logic of the asterisk, it doesn’t persist with the RecordRoute headers. It starts from scratch with a new callId.
Here lies the problem. Because the RecordRoute header isn’t given, then a new “dialog” is made, instead of using the one that is established.

Here comes my question.
Is it against the standards to make the Asterisk persist with these headers, or am I looking at the wrong solution?
If not,  I do see the power of the dialog module, when a call bounces between UAS’, but not when an asterisk is in the setup.
Another solution could be to use a custom x- header for the dialog id, but it doesn’t look like that is a possibility.

Have any of you run into this situation, and might have a solution?

Thanks in advance
// Nicki Bo Otte