[SR-Users] Facing issue with call disconnection BYE packets are not accepted by kamailio

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu May 14 23:10:34 CEST 2020

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 10:59:44PM +0200, Voip support wrote:

> Maybe in request route i should add something like :
>
> is_method("BYE"){
>      xlog("Received $rm from $si with call id $ci ");
> }
>
> Then take wireshark trace and wait for the hung call and check if kamailio
> logs has the line that the BYE was received?
> This would confirm the BYE is getting received but it will no give me any
> information why ist not relayed.

Extra information is never bad information, and think logging
fundamental requests is good practice. However, I agree that this won't
give you much insight into why it's not relayed. But perhaps there are
contemporaneous log entries which can shed light on that; Kamailio is
generally pretty good about logging situations where t_relay() fails or
an interface cannot be selected or some other networking-related cause
that is known a priori at the time the relay attempt is made.

I'm thinking either outbound routing issue, or Kamailio isn't getting
the BYE in the first place.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)