[SR-Users] MID-Registrar Example

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Dec 19 05:13:43 CET 2020

On 12/18/20 9:05 PM, E. Schmidbauer wrote:

> Kamailio doesn't have a mid-registrar module, and IMO, for good
> reason. The concept of a mid-registrar doesn't make a lot of sense to
> me as there are much better ways to scale registration data without
> forwarding REGISTER packets to other registrars.

I would strongly agree with that. Nevertheless, the concept of a
"condom" to protect vulnerable and poorly-performing commercial
registrars from high registration volumes has a lot of currency and
steady demand.

The Other Project is not very purist, and is good at packaging and
marketing solutions which cater to specific concepts users seem to be
infatuated with.

    “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would
     have said faster horses.” -- Henry Ford

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)