[SR-Users] MID-Registrar Example

E. Schmidbauer eschmidbauer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 03:05:59 CET 2020

Opensips has mid-registrar module. It's a method of forwarding registration
data to another registrar (usually with a much higher expiration). The idea
is to handle high volumes of registrations at opensips and only forward the
registration data to another registrar when the data changes.
Kamailio doesn't have a mid-registrar module, and IMO, for good reason. The
concept of a mid-registrar doesn't make a lot of sense to me as there are
much better ways to scale registration data without forwarding REGISTER
packets to other registrars.