[SR-Users] Kamailio IMS as kubernetes pods

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 16:29:03 CEST 2020

I’ve been trying to figure this out as well.
I haven’t yet found a way of publishing to kube-dns the pod IP of the
running service.

I.e.:
kamailio.whatever.local on ip 10.0.0.1
Rtpengine.whatever.local on ip 10.0.0.2
Appserver.whatever.local on 10.0.0.3

Assuming those are pod ips. Using services doesn’t work since the dns name
will resolve to a k8s service ip and no the actual pod running the service.

Assigning IPs hardcoded doesn’t work either since it might change if the
docker changes pod. I can have multiple modes on which a service can run,
but only one service (kamailio, rtpengine, appserver, etc) will run on a
given pod.

Regards,

David Villasmil
email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com