[SR-Users] Kamailio IMS as kubernetes pods

Abdirahman A. Osman abdirahman.osm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 16:14:36 CEST 2020

Hi Pavithra

You can use the kubedns/CoreDNS of the kubernetes cluster to resolve
Internal DNS records of the pods.To assign DNS records for each POD you
have to deploy a service and set the ClusterIP: none. and the dns record
will be something like kamailio.kamalio-service.platform.svc.cluster.local
which is the podname.servicename.namespace.svc.cluster.local

In the resolve.conf you will put the kubeDNS/CoreDNS IP as the nameserver.
You can set this in the kubernetes manifest file

      dnsPolicy: "None"
      dnsConfig:
        nameservers:
          - 10.34.0.1 ( kubeDNS/CoreDNS )