[SR-Users] Kamailio stop to process incoming SIP traffic via TCP.

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Thu Apr 11 17:14:41 CEST 2019

Hi,

(X-posted to sr-dev as this is getting into the nitty gritty)

As a short-term workaround for this, I've been playing with the
preloaded library approach to hijack the pthread mutex calls and force
them to provide process-shared mutexes. AFAICT this seems to be working
and only has the minuscule performance impact of using slower
process-shared mutexes in all instances, even when they aren't required.

The code for the preloaded library itself is very short and simple:
https://gist.github.com/rfuchs/1bb7348b6acbe37e557d94c2f69a1498

As a more complete patch that integrates it into the build system
(probably badly):
https://gist.github.com/rfuchs/b240ffe87938a45e6f2a4cf53fe29f17

Finally it requires adding it to the startup script, for example in a
systemd service file as:

Environment='LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kamailio/openssl_mutex_shared/openssl_mutex_shared.so'

(that's with a hard coded path which isn't optimal of course).

I don't consider this a proper fix, but only a hacky workaround, but it
might be a solution for the very near future. Throwing it out there in
case other people have been working on similar approaches, and/or maybe
have some comments about this.

Cheers