[SR-Users] Why does all the examples on configuring Kamailio install PostgreSQL

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 08:57:23 CET 2018

Hello,

actually I am not aware of any article that install postgres libraries
when deploying kamailio with mysql backend.

I am maintaining the ones on kamailio.org wiki/docs (link provided also
by Fred: https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/#installation) and all are with
mysql backend and no postgres dependencies.

Can you point to some that you found? If they are in kamailio.org, they
should be fixed.

On 08.03.18 13:39, Wilkins, Steve wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I have noticed that almost all, if not all examples of installing
> Kamailio install the PostgreSQL libraries.  If one is using MySQL, is
> there a need for this?  Is there something in Kamailio that requires
> these PostgreSQL libraries to be  installed?
>

> Thank you

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - April 16-18, 2018, Berlin - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com