[SR-Users] Why does all the examples on configuring Kamailio install PostgreSQL

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Thu Mar 8 14:52:51 CET 2018

On 03/08/2018 07:39 AM, Wilkins, Steve wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have noticed that almost all, if not all examples of installing
> Kamailio install the PostgreSQL libraries.  If one is using MySQL, is
> there a need for this?  Is there something in Kamailio that requires
> these PostgreSQL libraries to be  installed?
>
> Thank you

Hi Steve,

No, if you're using MySQL, you don't need PostgreSQL libraries... if
you're not using any database, you don't need any database. =)

Some people like MySQL, some like PostgreSQL, some like Redis, some use
Casandra, sqllite, or Oracle.

Different strokes for different folks.

If you look at the install guide on the Kamailio website, it does not
force you to install postgresql libraries and is geared towards MySQL:

https://kamailio.org/docs/tutorials/5.1.x/kamailio-install-guide-git/

--fred