[SR-Users] Kamailio Calls Concurrency

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Tue Jul 24 10:03:35 CEST 2018

Am Montag, 23. Juli 2018, 09:07:16 CEST schrieb Abtin Mir:
> I understand the IO operations affects to overall performance. That proxy
> server is actually a dispatcher (Load Balancer)  to different Asterisk pbx
> endpoints and is only going to log INVITEs and BYEs. Since I'm new to SER ,
> Not really sure If should have RTP-Proxy as well, or not.(Your advice on
> this is appreciated).
>
>  So how you think the concurrency would be now? (Considering 16GB of RAM
> and 4 cores of Xeon-Silver 4114) I just need a estimated number by an
> expert like you.

Hello Abtin,

again - this is hard to say. I know from a past setup in an carrier grade
environment that we sized it to have 3000-6000 concurrent calls per proxy. The
server were not much under load. They handled also more concurrent calls
without any issues in certain fail-over situations. And this was several years
ago, which slower hardware.

So the bottom line is - in a reasonable optimized setup on standard hardware
you should probably not run into CPU or RAM issues with Kamailio. The limiting
factor is in most cases the I/O.

Best regards,

Henning