[SR-Users] Does Kamailio support Cx interface Diameter over SCTP ?

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Jan 15 16:56:48 CET 2018

Hi,

we are using SCTP in one of our commercial deployments, but we haven't
found the time yet, to port that part back to the official repo. This
may take some time, but sooner or later we will add this to the
open-source Kamailio.

Thanks,
Carsten

> Hi all.
>
> This question has already been asked in the past:
> https://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/sr-users/2015-July/089083.html
> But I don't see any answer if this is supported.
>
> Can you tell me if it is possible to enable the IMS to talk to HSS using Cx
> (diameter) over SCTP ?
>
> In the source code (kamailio/src/modules/cdp/configparser.c) I can see only
> these parameters for Peer node:
>
> - FQDN
> - Realm
> - port
> - src_addr
>
> but there is no protocol parameter.
>
> I tried with the example VM here:
> https://www.kamailio.org/w/2016/02/kamailio-ims-getting-started-box/
> I started all services and dumped the traffic with wireshark. The transport
> is TCP.
> This VM uses an older version of kamailio:
> kamailio -v
> version: kamailio 4.3.4 (x86_64/linux) 583dc0
> flags: STATS: Off, USE_TCP, USE_TLS, USE_SCTP, TLS_HOOKS, USE_RAW_SOCKS,
> DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC,
> DBG_QM_MALLOC, USE_FUTEX, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT, USE_DNS_CACHE,
> USE_DNS_FAILOVER, USE_NAPTR, USE_DST_BLACKLIST, HAVE_RESOLV_RES
> ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
> MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535, DEFAULT PKG_SIZE 8MB
> poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
> id: 583dc0
> compiled on 21:01:04 Dec  1 2015 with gcc 4.9.2

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

Meet us at MWC 2018 in Barcelona and see IMS and VoLTE in action!
(February 26th - March 1st, Hall 7 - Booth 7L80)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/