[SR-Users] Does Kamailio support Cx interface Diameter over SCTP ?

Tsvetan Filev tsvetan.filev at inno-networks.com
Mon Jan 15 13:43:08 CET 2018

Hi all.

This question has already been asked in the past:
https://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/sr-users/2015-July/089083.html
But I don't see any answer if this is supported.

Can you tell me if it is possible to enable the IMS to talk to HSS using
Cx (diameter) over SCTP ?

In the source code (kamailio/src/modules/cdp/configparser.c) I can see
only these parameters for Peer node:

- FQDN
- Realm
- port
- src_addr

but there is no protocol parameter.

I tried with the example VM here:
https://www.kamailio.org/w/2016/02/kamailio-ims-getting-started-box/
I started all services and dumped the traffic with wireshark. The
transport is TCP.
This VM uses an older version of kamailio:
kamailio -v
version: kamailio 4.3.4 (x86_64/linux) 583dc0
flags: STATS: Off, USE_TCP, USE_TLS, USE_SCTP, TLS_HOOKS, USE_RAW_SOCKS,
DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC,
DBG_QM_MALLOC, USE_FUTEX, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT, USE_DNS_CACHE,
USE_DNS_FAILOVER, USE_NAPTR, USE_DST_BLACKLIST, HAVE_RESOLV_RES
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535, DEFAULT PKG_SIZE 8MB
poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
id: 583dc0
compiled on 21:01:04 DecĀ  1 2015 with gcc 4.9.2

So I installed the latest stable but it seems it also uses TCP.

Regards.