[SR-Users] kamailio does not responde if an rtpengine is unreachable

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Dec 26 12:16:27 CET 2018

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> Maybe you would also want to tune the timeout with the modparam:
>
> modparam("rtpengine", "rtpengine_disable_tout", 5)
>
> So detection of unavailable rtpproxy is fast, otherwise it is 60 sec by
> default, so you may still experience some slow start per child
> process.

I understand from the param description that it tells how to behave
AFTER rtp proxy has been marked disabled:

  Once an RTP proxy was found unreachable and marked as disabled, the
  rtpengine module will not attempt to establish communication to that
  RTP proxy for rtpengine_disable_tout seconds.

The problem that I have experienced is that it takes long time (2
minutes or so) before rtpengine modules disables a non-responding
rtp proxy.

Also, no matter what the module does, it must not make the whole sip
proxy non-responsive for any number of seconds.

-- Juha