[SR-Users] kamailio does not responde if an rtpengine is unreachable

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 14:50:18 CET 2018

There are many situations that can block a proxy, including writing to
syslog, dns and DB queries,... At the end you cannot rely on a single app
to have a smooth runtime, the ecosystem has to be also in good parameters.

The current implementation is like this now, the choice of developer. You
can improve it if you want, or use the old no-db mode. My patch ensured
that the old mode work as it was before adding db support. That was a
regression. But what is offered with db support, is what the developer
added, and apparently he did it for all instances to be available at that
moment. Maybe a note about that can be added in the docs.

Otherwise similar case can be that sqlops (or db_cluster, not sure by
heart) didn't start without all db servers available. Recently someone
proposed a patch to allow sqlops even when connection fails. We had
blocking tcp for years, it was not disabled because of that. So things can
be improved as one needs something different, it is open source...