[SR-Users] AWS binat external -> internal routing and record_route

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:38:25 CET 2018

Hi all!
I have a question that arises in mailing list sometimes, but it is
still not clear for me how to work with this.

We have AWS instance with standard Amazon bi-nat, so basically
communication with external hosts works with
listen udp:ip:port advertise ip:port

But in case when we need to send external call to internal network by
internal ip addresses, we want to have internal host in record-route.
As far as I understand, basic recommendation is to use separate port
or internal address and select it with appropriate function.

Maybe it is more theoretical question, but can we do something to
generate correct record-routes and VIA for calls coming from external
network to make their softswitches happy, and still maintain internal
address in messages going to internal hosts, using single host and
port on Kamailio behind nat?

Thanks!

--
Best regards,