[SR-Users] AWS binat external -> internal routing and record_route

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:37:59 CET 2018

Hello,

On 17.12.18 11:38, Dmitry Sytchev wrote:
> Hi all!
> I have a question that arises in mailing list sometimes, but it is
> still not clear for me how to work with this.
>
> We have AWS instance with standard Amazon bi-nat, so basically
> communication with external hosts works with
> listen udp:ip:port advertise ip:port
>
> But in case when we need to send external call to internal network by
> internal ip addresses, we want to have internal host in record-route.
> As far as I understand, basic recommendation is to use separate port
> or internal address and select it with appropriate function.
>
> Maybe it is more theoretical question, but can we do something to
> generate correct record-routes and VIA for calls coming from external
> network to make their softswitches happy, and still maintain internal
> address in messages going to internal hosts, using single host and
> port on Kamailio behind nat?

you can do also without setting advertise address for a listen socket.
Just listen on local IP and then you have to use
set_advertise_address(...) to set the IP in Via and
record_route_preset(...) to set the Record-Route header.

Only that the config becomes a bit more complex, you have to add IF
conditions when to add private or public IP addresses there.

Kamailio World Conference - May 6-8, 2019 -- www.kamailioworld.com
Kamailio Advanced Training -- www.asipto.com