[SR-Users] Kamailio IMS NAT issue: PRACK/ACK RURI changing in P-CSCF

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Wed Jun 21 21:58:04 CEST 2017

Hi,

you can for example buy a Proxy-CSCF from Oracle (the former
AcmePacket NET-NET SBC's), which provides such functionality.

I'm working on a new Version of the config, which supports some more
options here:
1) Use topos, if e.g. no transcoding is needed
2) Use SEMS or Asterisk like before (with some cleanups/optimizations)

When I talk with customers about commercial deployments, they often
refer to Kamailio as a SBC (and since there is no real definition for
a SBC, that's probably valid); since it does most of the things, a SBC
would do (topology hiding, DOS-Attack detection, Limiting,
Header-Manilpulation, Validating of the messages, ...).
For me one of the top-reasons for using either SEMS, Frafos ABC-SBC or
Asterisk is Transcoding & Topology hiding, as almost everything else
can be done on Kamailio too.

Thanks,
Carsten

> Hi,
> You mean that we should use either SBC or Proxy-CSCF (don't both of
> them) as entry point of IMS network? Is it right?
> Thank.
> Mojtaba Esfandiari.S
>

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Carsten Bock <carsten at ng-voice.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is a common scenario, where Kamailio needs to be in front of e.g SEMS:
>> PCRF Integration for QoS. You need to access the IP of the sender and the
>> SDP.
>> You would have to integrate that into SEMS, but if you do, you can actually
>> drop Kamailio as a Proxy-CSCf completely...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carsten
>>
>> Am 21.06.2017 09:48 schrieb "Mojtaba" <mespio at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Is it not better to use SEMS as SBC in the front of your network? And
>>> all P/S/I/CSCF have the private IP address.
>>> Thanks
>>> --Mojtaba Esfandiari.S

> --Mojtaba Esfandiari.S

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/