[SR-Users] domain vs uid_domain module

Huber Andreas andreas.huber at nagra.com
Fri Jul 7 14:41:14 CEST 2017

Hi,

I was comparing the documentation of the "uid_domain" and "domain" modules and I was wondering what is the main difference between the two modules.
While the "uid_domain" module has more documentation, it seems to me that both modules are offering very similar functionality, or am I missing something ?

Also I found it curious that the documentation of the "uid_domain" module uses "domain" as the module name in all its examples for the module configuration. E.g.
modparam("domain", "domain_table", "new_name")

But when I try to use the "uid_domain" module, I actually have to specify the parameters as :
modparam("uid_domain", "domain_table", "new_name")

The same question also applies to the "uid_auth_db" module that resembles closely the "auth_db" module in the documentation, but not in the implementation.

Kind Regards,
Andreas