[SR-Users] any public databases or schemas for dial plans?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Tue Jan 31 11:08:41 CET 2017

Hi,

Are there any public databases of dial plan information?  Are there any
schemas (e.g. XML / XSD) useful for describing arbitrary dial plans from
different carriers around the world?

The type of things that I'm interested in:

- being able to translate any local number to E.164 (if possible)

- knowing the expected length (or range of lengths) for different numbers

- being able to recognize numbers that can't be translated to E.164
(e.g. the emergency numbers)

- being able to classify specific types of number that usually have a
carrier-specific or country-specific meaning (e.g. classifying numbers
as directory assistance, customer service, emergency)

I'm familiar with Google's libphonenumber, although it is not a
database, rather, it is a library that has dial plan logic in Java.  It
supports many of the things I want for numbers that can be translated to
E.164 and country-level dial plans, but not local dial plans (e.g.
dialing a London number without the 020 area code).

Regards,