[SR-Users] SIP message order

Andy Chen achen at fuze.com
Mon Jan 30 23:33:33 CET 2017

Hello sr-users,

First of all, I'm new to this forum so any help would be greatly
appreciated as my Kamailio knowledge is somewhat limited.  Thanks for your
patience.

So to the question at hand.  If the originator of the SIP method sends SIP
messages out of order, does the Kamailio put them back in order before
relaying it to the destination device?  I'm seeing where the 200 OK was
sent first before the SIP UPDATE within the same CSeq number.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm seeing this behavior now with UDP
transport protocol and I'm trying to justify why we don't need to switch to
TCP to fix this issue.

Thanks.

--Andy