[SR-Users] any public databases or schemas for dial plans?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:44:06 CET 2017

Hello,

On 31/01/2017 11:08, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any public databases of dial plan information?  Are there any
> schemas (e.g. XML / XSD) useful for describing arbitrary dial plans from
> different carriers around the world?
>
> The type of things that I'm interested in:
>
> - being able to translate any local number to E.164 (if possible)
>
> - knowing the expected length (or range of lengths) for different numbers
>
> - being able to recognize numbers that can't be translated to E.164
> (e.g. the emergency numbers)
>
> - being able to classify specific types of number that usually have a
> carrier-specific or country-specific meaning (e.g. classifying numbers
> as directory assistance, customer service, emergency)
>
> I'm familiar with Google's libphonenumber, although it is not a
> database, rather, it is a library that has dial plan logic in Java.  It
> supports many of the things I want for numbers that can be translated to
> E.164 and country-level dial plans, but not local dial plans (e.g.
> dialing a London number without the 020 area code).

I was looking for something similar several days ago, but besides the
libphonenumber I couldn't find much out there.

  - http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2017-January/095741.html

I'll see where I end up as I have a project needing such information.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - Mar 6-8 (Europe) and Mar 20-22 (USA) - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com