[SR-Users] Newbie starting - looking for docs / tutorials

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Mon Feb 27 18:43:18 CET 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 06:25:40PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> So, please can someone suggest a beginner's guide to introducing
> Kamailio into an Asterisk setup, keeping things as simple as possible
> to start with, so I can learn about Kamailio one bit at a time (since
> there do seem to be a lot of bits to it) from a familiar environment
> of using it with Asterisk?

The way to get an understanding is to use use kamailio, so begin without
any integration to asterisk. Start using it the way you described (as an
UAC and as a registrar) but don't see asterisk as something more than
just an other sipserver you can interact with (you could use asterisk as
an upstrean registrar or to register to kamailio).