[SR-Users] Newbie starting - looking for docs / tutorials

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at kamailio.open.source.it
Mon Feb 27 20:01:37 CET 2017

On Monday 27 February 2017 at 18:43:18, Daniel Tryba wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 06:25:40PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> > So, please can someone suggest a beginner's guide to introducing
> > Kamailio into an Asterisk setup, keeping things as simple as possible
> > to start with, so I can learn about Kamailio one bit at a time (since
> > there do seem to be a lot of bits to it) from a familiar environment
> > of using it with Asterisk?
>
> The way to get an understanding is to use use kamailio, so begin without
> any integration to asterisk. Start using it the way you described (as an
> UAC and as a registrar) but don't see asterisk as something more than
> just an other sipserver you can interact with (you could use asterisk as
> an upstrean registrar or to register to kamailio).

Ah, okay - I had thought it would be easier to stick with something I know and
just replace small bits of it with the unfamiliar Kamailio, adding to my
knowledge one step at a time, but I can see that your suggestion makes sense
too, by keeping the interactions between the two out of the equation for now.

I guess https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/getting-started/main is as
good a place to get started as any?

Antony.

--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.