[SR-Users] RFC: kamailio-announce mailing list

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:33:20 CEST 2017

Hello,

for a while in the past (like 2008-2011) the
kamailio-announce at lists.kamailio.org mailing list was used for very
sporadic announcements:

It was intended to be used to announce only relevant news about the
project (releases, major events, etc.), which most of them go also on
sr-users, but targeting community members than which prefer to avoid
high traffic, which is specific for the usual discussions here. Also,
for people in sr-users, can be a place to spot easier the major
announcements.

Because we migrated back to lists.kamailio.org domain, this list is now
presented on the page of mailman index:

I just marked it as 'inactive', but I am wondering if it should be
revived somehow (as some people wanted to have a place where to inform
about relevant security issues, etc...) or be closed (removed/made
private). Even it was not used/promoted for more than 5 years, I noticed
that it has over 200 subscribers, therefore it seems to be enough people
interested in it.

Reply here if you consider it to be useful and eventually give some
suggestions for what kind of announcements should be used. Note that
there is already business at lists.kamailio.org (with larger subscriber
base) for business related announcement or discussions.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - May 22-24 (USA) - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com