[SR-Users] Identical Kamailio setup on 2 hosts

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Fri Sep 30 10:10:11 CEST 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 09:08:50AM +0530, Infinicalls Infinicalls wrote:
> Edge proxies is a nice suggestion. Thanks.
>
> Can I implement, as suggested here,
> https://blog.voipxswitch.com/2015/03/27/kamailio-basic-sip-proxy-all-requests-setup/
> to setup a proxy and direct requests to the registrar?

Looks similar to my own setup, which I posted here
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2016-August/094280.html

> But, my main intention was to bring down the server load of the sole
> registrar and as bonus act as failover.

Than a edge proxy setup will help, the config in them is static (and can
be stateless). Dispatcher can distribute anyway you want, if you need to
do maintenance/add more registrars you just edit dispatcher.list and
reload them on the edge.