[SR-Users] Identical Kamailio setup on 2 hosts

Infinicalls Infinicalls infinicalls at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 05:38:50 CEST 2016

Hi,

> You might want to take a look at you solution though.
> For example you might want to introduce edge proxies, clients connect
> with those directly, but they forward the requests to a (specific or
> loadbalanced) registrar (essentially the machines you have up and
> running now). These proxies insert Path information about themselves in
> any messages coming from the outside world (add_path_received()) , the
> registrar saves the Path info:
> modparam("registrar", "use_path", 1)
> modparam("registrar", "path_use_received", 1)
>
> Now any registrar looking at the shared location data knows which edge
> proxy to sent the request for the enduser to directly.

Edge proxies is a nice suggestion. Thanks.

Can I implement, as suggested here,
https://blog.voipxswitch.com/2015/03/27/kamailio-basic-sip-proxy-all-requests-setup/
to setup a proxy and direct requests to the registrar?

But, my main intention was to bring down the server load of the sole
registrar and as bonus act as failover.

regards
Ganesh Kumar