[SR-Users] Advice for routing and sbc functions

Oliver Roth oliver.roth at nexphone.ch
Mon Sep 12 11:34:29 CEST 2016

Hi all

I am using kamailio for several years now and I am really happy with it!

Now an new scenario to solve:

Sip-carrier A --> Kamailio loadbalancer --> multiple kamailio routing gateways --> freeswitch/sbc/media-gw/whatever --> sip - carriers B,C & D

Kamailio gateways:
They are doing different checks, manipulate the numbers (national /international format) and they use the carrierroute module

freeswitch/sbc/media-gw/whatever:
how can I use these services with the routing information from the carrierroute module?
These media-gws will do the connection and maybe transcoding to the carriers.

Can you please help me with the interaction within the systems "routing gateways" and the "media/sbc gateways"?

Do I have to add all the carriers in the carrierroute as "routes" with the ip of the media gw/freeswitch and then splitting it up on the freeswitch again?

Thanks for helping
Oli