[SR-Users] Dropping non-provisional replies in onreply_route

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Oct 21 11:45:49 CEST 2016

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid something complex like keeping state in htable.

I did try it - the docs are correct. drop() on a >= 2xx reply does nothing in a named (TM) onreply_route[].

I really don't care if the transaction is completed internally. I just want to stop the reply going back to the UAC.

So, just wondering if there's some clever alternative idea. If not, I guess I will have to use a global onreply_route and feed it information about whether to use the drop using htable.

On October 21, 2016 5:39:04 AM EDT, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>You can try it, not sure if docs are really in sync there.
>
>On the other hand, could be that the transaction was matching the 2xx
>and then practically the state of transaction changed to completed, so
>even doing a drop of not sending out, the transaction is still ended.
>
>An alternative solution is using a hash table with expiration of the
>items matching the max timeout for transactions.
>
>Cheers,
>Daniel
>

>On 21/10/16 11:24, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> The core documentation says that in a named onreply_route[], only
>> provisional replies can be drop()'d. To drop any reply, it is
>> necessary to use a global onreply_route.
>>
>> Is there any workaround for this, i.e. so I can drop a 2xx reply from
>> a specific TM transaction?
>>
>> The reason is, to know whether to drop it, I need access to either
>> AVPs or, ideally, dialog variables. Since the global onreply_route is
>> executed by the core, I presume I won't have access to anything that
>> persists through TM there.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -- Alex
>>

>--
>Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>http://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
>Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Oct 24-26, 2016 -
>http://www.asipto.com

-- Alex

--
Principal, Evariste Systems LLC (www.evaristesys.com)