[SR-Users] Simple Kamailio configuration for Asterisk load balancing?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Jul 6 09:49:34 CEST 2016

> On 05 Jul 2016, at 19:36, Tickling Contest <tickling.contest at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am beginning to front my Asterisk cluster with Kamailio and so far my biggest issue is the complete lack of quick-start-like documentation for this. Is there any place I can get a very simple HA configuration (telling me where the config files are, for starters, is a good thing) for Kamailio with the following features:
>
> (a) Support an arbitrarily large number of Asterisk servers (say, upto 10).
> (b) Offload SIP registration to a realtime/mysql DB used by the PBXs.
>
> Please also let me know if I should have to change my Asterisk PBX config in any way for this to happen.
>
> On a very related note, while I appreciate the fact that you need to _really_ understand SIP to configure Kamailio, it should be possible to get this setup by just running a script or GUI. It is difficult to find information on how to load balance multiple PBXs behind Kamailio.

While I haven’t got full configurations - I do have some notes published on things you need to consider
when doing this - especially the offloading of registrations.

An old but still valid presentation (from 2010):
http://www.slideshare.net/oej/astricon-2010-scaling-asterisk-installations

General presentations:
http://www.slideshare.net/oej/why-is-kamailio-so-different-an-introduction <http://www.slideshare.net/oej/why-is-kamailio-so-different-an-introduction>
http://www.slideshare.net/oej/kamailio-a-quick-introduction <http://www.slideshare.net/oej/kamailio-a-quick-introduction>

You have a lot of examples in the dispatcher module README that will help you.

Regards,
/O