[SR-Users] Parallel Forking with Different Call-Id

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 21:54:41 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've a very strange scenario to work on which requires me to parallel fork
the call to the same Destination provider. The only problem here is that
they think that the second INVITE with different branch tag is a
re-transmission and hence only take one call forward.

I do not have to modify any R-URI or any headers, hence just
'append_branch() before t_relay() is in the code.

$ru = "sip:" + $rU + "@" + $avp(carrier_ip) + ":" + $avp(carrier_port);
append_branch();
route(RELAY);

*Question:* Is there anyway possible I can change the CallID of the forked
INVITEs ?

I have tried using Topoh module, but it still puts the same CallID before
sending out. Different from the A-leg but the Sent out INVITEs have same
Call-ID value.

In other weird scenario, I've also tried branching, and looping call within
Kamailio before sending out to carrier hoping that Kamailio would treat the
two different calls and Topoh would change the Call-ID on both INVITEs
before sending out..

if(is_present_hf("X-FORKED")) {
    $ru = "sip:" + $rU + "@" + $avp(carrier_ip) + ":" + $avp(carrier_port);
    route(RELAY);
}else {
    append_hf("X-FORKED: 1\r\n");
    append_branch();
    route(RELAY);
}

Still I get same Call-ID on outgoing branched call.

I could branch out one INVITE to a MediaServer, say FreeSWITCH/Asterisk but
again I don't want to have that component bottleneck the throughput. That
could be my very last option.

Looking for some ideas.

Regards,
Sammy