[SR-Users] rfc: kamailio.cfg polishing for v4.4

Phil Lavin phil.lavin at synety.com
Tue Feb 9 09:37:37 CET 2016

Hi Daniel,

Generally I think the default kamailio.cfg is fairly good. I did a few things to it for a basic registrar, presence server and proxy. Mostly implementation specific things but some are more general. I will list the more general ones below:

:: Syntax is inconsistent - There's differences in the use of syntax across the file. For example some if statements use {} and others do not - see 492 vs 496 as an example. Personally I like explicit {}s but I'm not really fussed
:: is_method() checks in route[RELAY] - These need looking at. I had some issues with certain inbound messages (e.g. INFO) sending replies with unmodified contact headers. This caused the downstream SIP server to send future packets to the private address and not the public address. Not sure if this is incorrect behaviour on the part of the downstream or not. Either way, INFO certainly needs including.

The only other thing to discuss is the features it provides. Perhaps things like voicemail convolute it a little more than necessary. That said, it's easy to disable and/or remove.

Cheers

Phil Lavin
Telecoms Systems Manager
CloudCall by SYNETY
www.cloudcall.com

T: +44 (0) 330 335 0000 / +1 617 982 1600
D: +44 (0) 116 424 4790 / +1 617 982 4790
SM: LinkedIn
READ OUR BLOG FOR SMARTER COMMUNICATIONS

Confidentiality: This e-mail transmission, including any attachments, is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this transmission in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this transmission, including any attachments.