[SR-Users] rfc: kamailio.cfg polishing for v4.4

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 08:45:23 CET 2016

Hello,

wondering if people feel it is need to polish the current default
kamailio.cfg, to prepare the version for next major release. It can be
browsed online at:

  - https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/etc/kamailio.cfg

It is mainly about very common scenarios that are encountered out there
and we should deal with by default. Have in mind that there are the
basic and advanced versions of kamailio.cfg in the etc folder. Also, I
am looking for tunings for core parameters and module parameters that
make the config more suitable for common use case.

Speaking of those extra config files, I think the kamailio-advanced.cfg
and kamailio-basic.cfg should be deployed in shared doc folder, not
being active configs upon default installation.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://miconda.eu