[SR-Users] Running both 4.3 and 4.4 with the same database with permission module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:30:40 CEST 2016

On 18/08/16 15:50, Alex Hermann wrote:
> On donderdag 18 augustus 2016 12:29:25 CEST Daniel Tryba wrote:
> [...]
>> I need to share the subscriber/location/address/usr_preferences and
>> db_aliases tables between the 4.3 and 4.4 machines. The only thing I can
>> think of is:
>> -patch the permissions module to accept the old version of trusted
>> -create a 4.4 database and use federated tables to access the 4.3 data
>>
>> Not hard to implement any of these 2, but some other modules have the
>> option to skip these checks, eg:
>> http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/auth_db.html#auth_db.p.ve
>> rsion_table
> IMHO that option needs to be removed.
It is actually useful, especially for auth, when having constraints of
access to a custom database for fetching username/password -- table name
and columns can be changed to map on the custom database, creation of a
new table not being allowed.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org